The Palm Springs Fine Art Fair was the buzz of the desert this winter: the most prominent and internationally respected fine art fair ever in the Coachella Valley. This elite boutique fair, limited to 47 dealers in 2012, showcased only the highest caliber galleries featuring the best in mid 20th century through 21st century art. Based on the rousing success of the 2012 edition in terms of attendance and art sales, the fair will be slightly expanded to include up to 60 select dealers.
Why Palm Springs?
The Palm Springs region has evolved into “an art oasis in the Southern California desert” with a vibrant art collecting and patron base. Regular events include art gallery openings, art walks, art tours and lectures, and museum exhibitions and programs. PSFAF is strategically scheduled over President’s Day weekend, traditionally one of the most highly populated weekends of the year in the region.
Palm Springs region is ideal because the affluent area is:
- Home to nine uber wealthy cities including Indian Wells, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage and La Quinta, many boasting the highest income by zip code in America!
- Considered one of the premier winter resorts in the world.
- To LA what the Hamptons are to NYC.
- The West Coast’s answer to the East Coast’s South Florida winter events.
- The second home to thousands of elite art patrons and collectors from Los Angeles, San Francisco and the Pacific Northwest including Seattle, Vancouver and Calgary.
- Art-centric with 40 vibrant art galleries and the 5,000-member Palm Springs Art Museum.
- Situated just 120 miles east of LA, serving a large geographic area such as San Diego, Riverside, Orange and San Bernardino counties – totaling more than 11 million people.
- Just two hours’ drive from LAX and San Diego and three hours from Phoenix and Scottsdale.
- Populated by second homeowners with substantial discretionary income, our fairgoers are culturally astute, art savvy tastemakers who can afford to buy what they like.
- With home property values in the millions of dollars, our fairgoers will spend lavishly to augment their interior design and enhance their current collections of art, sculpture and objects.
- As one of the largest Gay populations in the nation, local residents are artistically-oriented, forward thinking, trend-setters and cultural innovators.
- The rapidly expanding Palm Springs Art Museum is focused on growing and enhancing their exhibits and shows in the contemporary art sector.